Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Somewhat Delayed Update on Jim Ward

Due to Thanksgiving here in the States and my own birthday, I got sidetracked from checking out the Dragonsfoot forum for updates on Mr. Ward's health. He chimed in on the 28th of November with the following:

I don’t like talking about my condition. I’m not dying, but I’m as weak as a kitten and often have bodily problems that no one wants to talk about, especially me. I don’t get around much any more. I am going to get well, but it will be a long time coming. I’ve been to the Mayo clinic twice now for a series of tests. I’m going one more time and then I’m told they will suggest a set of procedures to allow me to get better. My brain/mind is in fairly good shape, but the rest of me needs a lot of work. It’s not fun talking about me, so I try hard not to bore people with my current sad tale.

Again, I want to thank and bless the kind people who have been so supportive both on this forum and in other areas. The kind words and deeds of others have pulled me out of many black moods as I foolishly ask myself, why me, in these past 11 months of illness.

That's pretty good news considering the alternative. As the old saying goes, "Any day above ground is a good one." Please join me in continuing to wish Mr. Ward a speedy recovery and all the best in his future endeavors.

2 comments:

John Matthew Stater said...

Amen to that.

Jay said...

Mayo is the best, esp. in neurology, so he's in good hands. Thanks for the update Michael.